Counseling Office

Frequently Asked Questions

School counselors are certified/licensed educators with the minimum of a master’s degree in school counseling and are uniquely qualified to address the developmental needs of all students through a school counseling program addressing the academic, career and social/ emotional development of all students. School counselors help all students:

1. apply academic achievement strategies
2. manage emotions and apply interpersonal skills
3. plan for postsecondary options (higher education, military, work force)

You can call the counseling office directly at (760)723-6300 ext. 3304 to make an appointment with your student's counselor. It is best to make an appointment ahead of time, as counselors are not always available on a walk in basis.

Students are able to visit their counselor during nutrition, lunch time, or after school. Students can also email their counselor directly to make an appointment, or visit the counseling office to submit a request to see their counselor. Please let the secretary know if there is an emergency and you need to see you counselor right away.

Are you new to Fallbrook Union High School District? Please click here to enroll a new student.

If you are leaving FUHSD, the parent must visit the registrar's office before or on the last day the student will be attending FUHS (please bring photo ID). Your student will receive a withdrawal form that all teachers must sign before your student transfers to their new school. The withdrawal form will have the student's transfer grades and any fees they may need to pay. The registrar's office is located inside the counseling office.

You can order your transcript here.

You are able to change your classes within the first two weeks of the school year. Classes are year long. There are no semester changes unless there is a specified reason and you and/or your parents have met with your counselor. Please choose your classes carefully and always provide an alternative for your electives when registering for classes. 

To level down from an Honors or AP course, you can submit a request within the first six weeks of each semester. The change can be done based on availability. 

Note: Any change to a course will potentially affect your entire schedule.

1. There is tutoring available in the library (Warrior Way) after school Monday-Thursday. 

2. Visit your teachers during office hours or arrange to meet with your teacher during lunch or after school.

3. Have open communication with your teacher. 

4. Request a parent teacher conference with the teacher.

5. Talk to your counselor about creating strategies for academic success.

6. Revisit your 4 year plan with your counselor.